1. Apple Cider Vinegar Apple cider vinegar has antiseptic properties and helps alkalize your body’s tissues. This means that the apple cider vinegar makes the vagina acidic where the bacteria cannot thrive for long. To get relief, submerge your vagina in a shallow bath of water and 2 cups vinegar for at least 1/2 an hour. This should soothe the irritation, as well as killing any yeast infection if that is the cause of the itching and burning.
2. Garlic Both garlic cloves and garlic powder mixed with water into a paste have been helpful herbal remedies for vaginal itching. Among its other benefits, garlic is an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral. You can also insert a garlic glove inside your vagina if you suspect a yeast infection as the cause of your itching. This is a great garlic powder to use.
3. Yogurt Yogurt can provide you lasting relief from vaginal itching and burning. Applying plain yogurt topically to the vaginal area…
4. Kefir This fermented milk drink is a potent probiotic and effective home treatment used as a douche. Like yogurt, it has tons of good probiotics to balance things out and it acts as an anti-inflammatory as well.
5. Honey Raw (unpasteurized) honey is known to stop the itching. It is an antibacterial and antifungal. Just slather it on like an ointment.
6. Rosemary Steep a small handful of rosemary leaves in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes and allow to cool. Wash the vaginal area with this herbal solution and feel the relief quickly!
7. Basil Basil leaves have anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. As with rosemary, steep a small handful of basil leaves in 2 cups of water and allow to cool. Wash the vaginal area with this herbal solution and feel the relief quickly.
8. Chamomile Make a chamomile infusion from 2 tablespoons of chamomile flowers in 1 cup of boiling water. Let it steep for 15 minutes,…
9. Wormwood Boil 4 tablespoons of wormwood in 4 cups water for 5 minutes. Strain, then let it cool at body temperature. Wash 1-2 times daily for two weeks. Besides relieving the itching and burning, wormwood vaginal washes help restore the flora and reduce abnormal secretions. This is a small bag of wormwood.
10. Real Sea Salt Sea Salt (Epson salt is ok too) can reduce remove itching and bacteria due to its antibacterial properties. Wash your vagina with concentrated salt water whenever you feel the itch. This will give you great relief instantly and prevent further multiplication of bacteria. A soak in a salt bath is ok too.
Would you like to keep a soothing rinse on hand to use after using the bathroom?
It works great for any vaginal discomfort so in addition to handling vaginal itching, it is a very soothing peri-rinse post-partum.
1 teaspoons sea salt
5 drop lavender essential oil
2 drops thyme essential oil
2 drops rosemary essential oil 1 drop chamomile essential oil
Directions Add the salt and essential oils into a per-rinse type bottle. Fill to the top with filtered water. Shake well before each use….
Read More at http://www.hybridrastamama.com © Hybrid Rasta Mama