At Hands Inc we are really excited to be funded by City & Hackney CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group), to deliver a Menopause Project to help promote menopause wellbeing, improve health outcomes, empower peri/menopausal women to learn more about their health needs and to give them the tools to find the services they need.
The programme will deliver two educational programmes for peri/menopausal women and exercise classes. If you would like to help support the development of the programme please get in touch. There will also be menopause awareness training for health professionals. To find out more about the programme visit our Events & Courses page.
The Menopause Awareness event’s goal is to help you take control of your transition. This event is free of charge and will be on the 22nd of October. You can treat yourself to a massage and ask experts questions that you may have regarding menopause. Speakers will talk for the second half of the evening to tell you all about resources within the community that are available for women going through menopause. This event is the launch of the New Menopause programme. Workshops and exercise classes begin in November. You can also sign up to the programme of activities on the night.
Programme Launch Date: 22.10.15
Venue: CLR James Dalston Library, Dalston Lane, Hackney, London E8 3BQ
- Myra Hunter, Professor of Clinical Health Psychology at the Kings College, London
- Tracey Masters: FFSRH FRCOG,Consultant in Sexual & Reproductive Health
Homerton Sexual Health Service
- Cabby Laffy UKCP, CORST, NCP: Psychotherapist, Psychosexual Therapist & Director of the Centre for Psychosexual Health http://www.psychosexualhealth.org.uk
- Clare Elliot City & Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group Programme Manager
- Eileen Bellot: Director of Hands Inc