Welcome to Reclaim the Menopause. We created this site to give women an opportunity to explore the menopause through telling their stories, with the hope that this will create a support network for other menopausal women.
Whilst the medical model may meet the needs of some women, for many it is restrictive and does not take into account their holistic needs. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), who help set best practice standards for the NHS, are themselves concerned that the information and support currently offered to women during and after the menopause, is to variable and for some inadequate. So, through this site we seek to explore the menopause in its broadest sense, and look forward to receiving your stories and thoughts on the menopause.
- Great Wall Of Vagina Exhibition
- Come & Celebrate International Womens Day
- Our Trip to Sh! Women’s Sex Shop
- Menopause Lab Rat!
- Reclaiming the Menopause
- New Menopause Programme Launch
- My Mother
- Women’s Top 10 Tips for the Menopause
- Women Speak Up About Menopause to Commissioners & Service Planners
- Traditional Chinese Medicine & The Menopause
- Don’t Suffer In Silence
- How I Used My Voice to Affect Change
- How Can GP’s Better Support Women Through Menopausal Transition
- I Am This Woman
- Talking to GP’s About The Menopause
- Looking After Me
- A Partners Guide to the Menopause
- Why Start this Site?